LG Electronics Gulf has unveiled its highly anticipated LG G5 and announced its availability at all leading retail stores across the UAE from the third week of April. Priced at AED 2499, the LG G5 comes with a modular technology design giving consumers in the UAE a personalized smartphone experience. Also launched is the LG Friends, which enables the LG G5 to transform into a digital camera, Hi-fi player, a virtual reality set and much more.
Mr. Yong Geun Choi, president of LG Electronics Gulf, said: “Smartphone consumers in the UAE are saturated in terms of the experiences they get from devices. The launch of the LG G5 provides us the unique opportunity to satiate the evolving consumer demands for flexibility, adaptability and fresher experiences.
Jay Srage, president for Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe, Qualcomm International said: “Qualcomm Technologies is pleased to work with LG to help deliver upon a shared vision of offering consumers the best mobile experiences with the new LG G5, which features one of the most cutting-edge premium tier processors, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. LG and Qualcomm Technologies have a long standing relationship and we look forward to continuing our collaboration to bring innovative and exciting devices to consumers in the region.”
Technical specifications of the phone:
• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor
• Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi)
• Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
• Camera: Rear: Standard 16MP, Wide 8MP / Front: 8MP
• Battery: 2,800mAh (removable)
• OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
• Size: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7~8.6mm
• Weight: 159g
• Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible) / NFC / Bluetooth 4.2
• Colors: Titan / Gold / Pink
Check out the gallery for more about LG G5 and friends.