Operator doubled its attainment of SLAs on mobile services with almost zero abandoned calls after leveraging Avaya’s contact centre solutions and expertise
Telecom Serbia has transformed its customer experience for more than seven million subscribers, after working with Avaya on a four-year strategic plan to integrate different communications touchpoints.
Sharing its success story at the recently concluded GITEX Technology week 2017 in Dubai, the operator said that it has managed to double its attainment of SLAs on mobile services with almost zero abandoned calls after leveraging Avaya’s contact centre solutions and expertise.
Telecom Serbia had several challenges with customer experience that it wanted to counter. Service levels were quite low because of several constraints like the number of people they had to cater to and cost limitations.
The goal was to enable rich voice and self-services, have an integrated CRM and provide omni-channel customer experience.
Telecom Serbia is a story about transformation of service providers, says Emir Susic, senior director, Avaya Professional services, Avaya International. Four years ago, the operator asked Avaya to create with them a discovery workshop to understand how their contact centre operates, and chose Avaya to transform the platforms and processes.
In collaboration with the operator, Avaya created a four-year roadmap and kicked off execution of projects one after another. The projects were focused on different areas- automation; integration of communication channels; integration with services and 360-degree customer view- all of which ultimately resulted in omni-channel experience.
Avaya worked with the operator to implement an omni-channel customer experience model that now links all Telecom Serbia teams with a 360 view of the customer.
Solutions deployed within the Telecom Serbia CC transformation roadmap:
Infrastructure Contact Centre Solutions
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager, offers voice, video, messaging, and customer contact applications converge on a single network, to spread intelligent and flexible communications throughout the organisation.
- Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, enables comprehensive analytics for customer service sophistication and differentiation, through an intelligent routing deployment model.
Contact Center routing and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Avaya Interaction Center, helps organisations optimise use of resources to deliver exceptional customer care and service across virtually any chosen voice, email, or web communication channel. The platform includes a universal, media independent contact engine and customer interaction repository that offers users a means to personalise routing and agent selection according to enterprise customer segmentation strategies and service levels.
Performance Management and Analytics
- Avaya Call Management System (CMS), allows for integrated analysis and reporting solution with virtual access to the contact center and the ability to see the performance of a single agent or group of agents to managing a contact center with multiple locations worldwide.
Automated Experience Management
- Avaya Aura Experience portal, used to create personalised omnichannel customer experiences with mobile, web, & voice self-service applications.
Custom APS Solutions
- Video Expert solution, allows for video CC capabilities including chat, co-browse and document creation with advanced automated diagnostic tool that provides Proactive Problem Prevention
- Avaya Installation Framework, ensures seamless protection of sensitive information through advanced IVR framework and Mobile AIF (Mobile/Smartphone based Visual IVR solution)
- Avaya Interaction Center with Siebel CRM integration, which optimises the use of resources to deliver exceptional customer care and service across virtually any chosen voice, email, or web communication channel.
- C4, a custom agent desktop solution for next-generation communications environment
- Virtual queuing solutions with Virtual Hold Technology (VHT)
“After four years, we can say that we dramatically improved Telecom Serbia’s KPIs, and developed a beautiful omni-channel platform that enabled the telco to explore other new possibilities to improve their business and increase their revenues, ”says Tvrtko Stosic, account manager for Telecom Serbia at Avaya.
Susic says: “As a result of the transformation, Telecom Serbia’s service level went up from 40% to 96%, which proves the power of technology.”
Approximately 430 contact centre agents at Telecom Serbia can now tap into a single source of intelligence on user history and network analytics, enabling them to proactively tailor offerings for individual subscribers.
This has allowed the operator to increase its customer satisfaction rate by almost 16% and lower abandoned calls for its fixed line and technical support services by over 25%.
Moreover, Telecom Serbia delivered first-time resolution to 32% of its customer—up from almost zero in 2013.
In the meanwhile, Telecom Serbia decided to enter a new vertical- banking. It acquired a small bank in an attempt to add new revenue stream. The aim was to increase revenues, keeping costs in control and for this the operator introduced completely digital, branchless banking. It integrated the telecom processes and the banking processes to provide a complete digital experience to the customers. “For this purpose, we extended our contact centre solutions and added advanced video solutions in order to ensure personal relationships between bankers and customers, which is otherwise not possible in a branchless model. We also added advanced collaboration solutions enabling the operator to run paperless banking operations,” says Stosic. “Avaya solutions in this are actually the enabler for digital banking.”
— CommsMEA (@COMMSMEA) December 21, 2017